[AfrICANN-discuss] ICANN Launches the Africa Engagement Forum

Dandjinou Pierre pdandjinou at gmail.com
Sat May 8 18:41:00 UTC 2021

Hi Dr Paulos,

Kindly note that the Africa engagement forum (AEF) is a new avenue Icann is
offering to gauge the level of its engagement with Africa stakeholders
since 2012 on the one hand, and to collect expectations from a broad range
of potential participants to its activities on the other hand.

The AFDNS forum was launched 8 years ago to offer a platform to all
interested in domain name industry, namely registries, registrars and
registrants. This forum wiĺl continue under the responsibility of its
current organizers ie. AFTLD, AFREGISTRARs and ICANN.

So, these are two different initiatives.

Pierre.dandjinou