[AfrICANN-discuss] Monthly Review On Internet Governance (May 2020)

Mamadou LO alfamamadou at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 9 17:30:50 UTC 2020

Hi all!
For your documentation, my pleasure to share our monthly review on Internet Governance (May 2020)<https://internetgov.news/internet-governance-monthly-brief-may-2020-internet-and-covid-19-in-may-usa-reconsiders-cyber-policies-amid-geopolitics-concerns-germany-russia-cyber-disputes-edpb-released-gu/> with some headlines featured below :

Internet and COVID-19 in May
• USA - CHINA battle over COVID-19 vaccine research
• United Nations launched initiatives to counter COVID-19 outbreak
• African Union called for contribution to the AU Digital Fund
• Europe on more digital policies to stop the surge of the Pandemic
• G20 Digital ministers urge digital technologies to combat COVID-19
• More cyberattacks in healthcare sector
• The GIG economy strongly impacted

More Internet Governance Developments in May
• USA reconsiders cyber policies on content, infrastructure and security with three executive orders signed by Trump.
• FBI broke the encryption on Pensacola shooter's iPhones
• Mark Zuckerberg’s concerns over China’s Internet regulation
• Germany – Russia cyber disputes over Merkel’s emails hack
• The European Data Protection Board (EDPB) released Guidelines 05/2020 on consent under the EU General Data Protection Regulation
• Facebook’s “2Africa” project launched
• ITU facts and figures 2019 on digital development
Cordially