[AfrICANN-discuss] [AFRI-Discuss] Call for topics: Joint AFRALO-AfrICANN meeting for ICANN67

Calvin Browne calvin at orange-tree.alt.za
Tue Jan 21 06:33:20 UTC 2020

On 2020/01/10 15:55, Dr Eberhard W Lisse wrote:

> <SNIP>

> Mark,

> 50% lookups is actually almost worth than zero :-)-).

> And how many of those hit infrastructure actually in South Africa?

> Does the figure include the public ones from Google and Cloudflare?

<SNIP>

if you're going to argue about figures, here are some actuals hitting
mainly co.za auth infrastructure, attached.

This is an analysis of queries wrt to do_bit, stacked (ie both lines add
up to 100% of queries).

Yellow is with do bit (ie the resolver says I can handle DNSSEC), the
green without.

Lots of green stuff is not "legit" traffic, ie data miners etc.

--Calvin