[AfrICANN-discuss] [AFRI-Discuss] Call for topics: Joint AFRALO-AfrICANN meeting for ICANN67

ABDULKARIM AYOPO OLOYEDE oloyede.aa at unilorin.edu.ng
Tue Jan 14 23:29:27 UTC 2020

Dear all,
I see merit in all the suggested topics. However, I think "Core priority
areas to focus on within the African ICANN Strategy" seems more
appropriate.
Based on my little experience, I think if we have a statement directed
towards the ICANN Board it kind of attracting more attention. I believe the
issue of capacity building for DNS abuse can also be incorporated into the
statement as it is part of the strategic plan.
Finally, I would like to amend the title to be " *The African priority
areas within the ICANN Strategic plan*". My believe and the aim is that
this way we can incorporate the DNS issue and connecting the unconnected
there was also suggested.

Thank you
--
*Dr. Abdulkarim A.Oloyede*.

*-Vice-Chairman, ITU-D Telecommunications Development Advisory Group
(TDAG), **International Telecommunication Union (ITU)(2017-2021).*
*-Vice Rappattour, ITU-D Study group 2 /Question 5 (2018-2022)*
*-Co-Chair, **AFRINIC Policy Development Working Group (CPWG)(2019-2020)*
*-ALAC member, Internet** Corporation of Assigned Name and Numbers (ICANN)
ATlarge Board Member (ALAC) (2019-2021)*

*-Co-Founder, GreenICT initiative, A Nigerian based NGO *
*Alternative Emails: olouss at yahoo.com <olouss at yahoo.com> OR
aao500 at york.ac.uk <aao500 at york.ac.uk>*

On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 9:26 PM Nkem Nweke via AFRI-Discuss <
afri-discuss at atlarge-lists.icann.org> wrote:

> +1 for Barracks proposal as issues on capacity building can never be over

> emphasized.

> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

> On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 20:05, Gabdibé GAB-HINGONNE

> <gabdibegabhingonne at gmail.com> wrote:

> list are more accurate:

> list are more accurate:

*Dr. Abdulkarim A.Oloyede*.

*-Senior Lecturer, **Department of Telecommunications Science,
University of Ilorin, Nigeria*
*-Post Doctoral Researcher** (Rutherford Commonwealth Fellow)**, The
University of York, York UK*

Website <http://www.unilorin.edu.ng>, Weekly Bulletin
<http://www.unilorin.edu.ng/index.php/bulletin> UGPortal
<http://uilugportal.unilorin.edu.ng/> PGPortal