[AfrICANN-discuss] Host an AFRINIC IPv6 Deployathon

COMPSUDEV Cameroon compsudev at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 21:30:18 UTC 2020

Good News. Kudos to the team for this great initiative, and reaching 5000
engineers is a great milestone. I will be looking forward to host an IPv6
Deployathon this year with other Cameroon Digital Rights Coalition member
in order to advance IPv6 deployment in my country Cameroon.

On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 11:43 AM Susan Akinyi Otieno <
susan.otieno at afrinic.net> wrote:

> *[French, Arabic and Portuguese versions below]*

> Dear Colleagues,

> Africa now has only about 2 million IPv4 addresses. This is grossly

> inadequate to support the over 500 million Africans who are still not

> connected to the Internet. It is time for us to transition to IPv6.

> We have so far trained more than 5,000 engineers from every country in

> Africa. To further support operators beyond training, we created and

> launched the world’s first Deployathon in 2018. (Click

> https://learn.afrinic.net/deployathon<

> https://learn.afrinic.net/deployathon> for more details about

> deployathons).

> Last year, we helped engineers from 55 network operators to advance their

> IPv6 deployments during our highly rated deployathons in Johannesburg,

> Lagos, Nairobi and Blantyre (See detailed accomplishments at

> https://learn.afrinic.net/deployathon <

> https://learn.afrinic.net/deployathon>). This would not have been

> possible without the support of local hosting partners.

> We are again inviting organisations in the AFRINIC Community to partner

> with us to host an IPv6 Deployathon in 2020. Learn more and submit a

> hosting proposal at https://learn.afrinic.net/deployathon<

> https://learn.afrinic.net/deployathon>

> We look forward to partnering with you to ensure you have the capacity to

> successfully advance IPv6 (and RPKI) deployment in your country.

> The deadline for submitting proposals is 29 March 2020. For more

> information and queries about Deployathons, please contact: do at

> Sincerely,

> AFRINIC Communications

> ………………………………………..

> Chers collègues,

> L'Afrique ne compte plus qu'environ 2 millions d'adresses IPv4. C'est

> nettement insuffisant pour soutenir les plus de 500 millions d'Africains

> qui ne sont toujours pas connectés à l'Internet. Il est temps pour nous de

> passer à l'IPv6.

> Nous avons jusqu'à présent formé plus de 5 000 ingénieurs de tous les pays

> d'Afrique. Pour soutenir davantage les opérateurs au-delà de la formation,

> nous avons créé et lancé le premier Deployathon au monde en 2018. (Cliquez

> sur https://learn.afrinic.net/deployathon <

> https://learn.afrinic.net/deployathon> pour plus de détails sur les

> deploymentathons).

> L'année dernière, nous avons aidé les ingénieurs de 55 opérateurs de

> réseau à faire progresser leurs déploiements IPv6 lors de nos très

> appréciés déploiements à Johannesburg, Lagos, Nairobi et Blantyre (Voir les

> réalisations détaillées sur https://learn.afrinic.net/deployathon <

> https://learn.afrinic.net/deployathon>). Cela n'aurait pas été possible

> sans le soutien de partenaires d'hébergement locaux.

> Nous invitons à nouveau les organisations de la Communauté AFRINIC à

> s'associer à nous pour accueillir un Deployathon IPv6 en 2020. Pour en

> savoir plus et soumettre une proposition d'hébergement, rendez-vous sur

> [...]

*NDUM Vianney Forewah.Executive Director*
*Community Participation In Sustainable Development*
*COMPSUDEV Cameroon*

*POB 309, Bamenda CameroonTel: **(+237) 677539815/ 667802644*
*Website <http://www.compsudev.org> | Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/compsudev.cameroon> | Email
<vianney at compsudev.org>*