[AfrICANN-discuss] Call for Topics: Joint AFRALO-AfrICANN meeting - ICANN69 (Virtual)

Tijani BEN JEMAA tijani.benjemaa at topnet.tn
Thu Aug 27 08:32:35 UTC 2020

Dear Hakim and all,

Thank you for proposing interesting topics.
The aim of the AFRALO-AfrICANN meeting is to address hot topics in ICANN so that our region can make its voice heard about these topics and influence the decision about them.
That’s why the topic we should choose has to be a topic under discussion at ICANN.

Tijani

> Le 27 août 2020 à 06:51, abdelhakim chattaoui <abdelhakim.chattaoui at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hi all,

> I like to propose a topic about Managed dns servers ( like OpenDns, 9.9.9.9, 1.1.1.2; 1.1.1.3 and many other):

> - What are the benefits of these services?

> - What are the impacts of internet stability and openings?

> - Can we trust the managed DNS services.

> There are many questions and we can have a very good discussion about this topic.

> Kind regards,

> Chattaoui Abdelhakim

> Le mer. 26 août 2020 à 10:44, Sarah Kiden <skiden at gmail.com <mailto:skiden at gmail.com>> a écrit :

> Hi all,

> Sending a kind reminder about the call for topics that ends tomorrow (Thursday, 27 August 2020). Please see the details in the email below.

> Looking forward to hearing from you.

> Thank you,

> Sarah

> On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 8:23 PM Sarah Kiden <skiden at gmail.com <mailto:skiden at gmail.com>> wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,

> I hope this email finds you well. The ICANN69 Meeting is scheduled for 17 - 22 October 2020. This meeting will be virtual. As with previous ICANN meetings, we plan to hold the Joint AFRALO-AfrICANN meeting and we would like to invite you to submit topics for this session. Our previous statements have focused on issues like: Domain Name System (DNS) Abuse, evolving the ICANN Multistakeholder model, New gTLD Subsequent Procedures, enhancing ICANN accountability, etc. Please see our previous statements here <https://community.icann.org/display/AFRALO/Joint+AFRALO-AfrICANN+Statements+Workspace>.

> Please see our proposed timeline:

> 20 Aug 2020 Call for topics and drafting team

> 20 - 27 Aug 2020 Selection of topic constitution of drafting team

> 27 Aug - 5 Sept 2020 First Draft of Statement

> 6 - 18 Sept 2020 Second Draft of Statement

> 19 Sept 2020 Send Statement to Staff for translation

> Kindly send your suggested topics by Thursday, 27 August 2020, after which the drafting team will be constituted to prepare a draft statement that will be shared with the rest of the members. If you would like to join the drafting team, kindly notify us offlist.

> Looking forward to your contributions.

> Kind regards,

> Sarah

Tijani BEN JEMAA