[AfrICANN-discuss] Issues of Canadian Visa for ICANN66

Jacob Odame-Baiden odamyte at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 10:26:13 UTC 2019

El,
Remote participation is good but not enough and that's why the physical
meetings are crucial.

Remote participation itself has become a major topic during Internet
governance meetings with several calls to make it more efficient.

The issue here is that once you've been invited and sometimes even received
funding to attend, and you've made commitment of time, you should not be
denied. VISA decisions are government decisions, but if we do more at the
local host level we can reduce some of the denials which in my humble
opinion are unjustified.

You can't push any better agenda if you are not sitting at the table. Again
my humble opinion.

Kind regards,
Jacob