[AfrICANN-discuss] [OT] Who's is working on Facial Recognition and biometrics tech in Africa?

Luc Mubay lucmubay at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 08:23:37 UTC 2019

Dear Katitza,

I hope this email finds you well.

I have never conducted research upon the topics you mentioned. But, I was
able to collect some website links below treating those topics - since I
have interest on them - and hopefully they might be of some help.

-
https://chinadigitaltimes.net/2019/12/concerns-mount-over-adoption-and-export-of-biometric-surveillance/
-
https://www.biometricupdate.com/201911/automotive-biometrics-and-facial-recognition-projects-top-most-read-identity-news-this-week
-
https://www.biometricupdate.com/201912/converging-data-security-and-digital-id-concerns-lead-weeks-biometrics-news
-
https://www.pymnts.com/news/biometrics/2019/leaked-documents-show-un-facial-id-tenets-framed-by-china/
-
https://www.fastcompany.com/90436355/portlands-proposed-facial-recognition-ban-could-be-the-strictest-yet
-
https://www.biometricupdate.com/201911/biometrics-for-online-authentication-and-digital-id-industry-growth-most-read-this-week
-
https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2019/11/15/20965325/facial-recognition-ban-congress-activism

Sincerely,

Luc MUBAY,

AFRINIC-31 fellow
Luc Mubay,
Tél.: +243854426881
Kinshasa, R.D.Congo
*Engagé dans la lutte contre la pauvreté en RDC à travers des projets de
développement dans la santé, l'éducation et la qualité de vie des
congolais.*