[AfrICANN-discuss] AFRICA Domain Name System Forum 2019 call for local hosts
otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 15:11:27 UTC 2018
The Africa Domain Name System Forum organizing committee is seeking host
organizations, for the 2019 Africa Domain Name System forum meetings.
The hosts have three principal functions.
1) Provide local facilities for the Conferences
2) Provide a local contact point or a representative
3) Arrange logistics and maintain the registration desk.
4) Facilitate visa formalities for the participants
Please note that the hosts are not responsible for the Program or for the
The location must have good international travel connections, which are
attractive. Since most participants are self-funded.
This involves finding a suitable location, local hotels, receptions and
sponsorship, high profile local speakers, touristic possibilities and other
allied services/facilities. The local organizers automatically become
members of the Conference Committee but they are NOT responsible for the
major tasks of the Program Commitee or for registration.
1. Provide Wifi connectivity for up-to 200 participants - at least 150
2. Provide separate connectivity for Live Streaming equipment - at
least 10 Mbps
*B. Power outlets *
1. Provide conference technical equipment (multi-plug extension
cables, etc) for all attendees (upto 200)
2. Provide a power outlet at the center isle for the Live Streaming
equipment (near the very front row)
3. Provide power outlets at the podium for the panelists
1. Provide simultaneous interpretation services for upto 200
participants for English and French
*D. Audio Visual*
1. Provide at least 2 projectors and 2 projector screens on opposite
sides of the podium. These need to be clearly visible from all sides of the
2. Provide an adequate sound system for the room to allow clear sound
for all participants in the room
3. Provide at least 3 microphones on the center isle to be used by
4. Provide sound output from the floor sound to be connected to the
live streaming equipment
5. Provide at least 6 microphones for the podium panelists
6. Provide two screens for panelists to follow proceedings from the
7. Kramer presentation scalar model.
*E. Room Setup*
1. Provide classroom seating with tables for at least 150 people
2. Provide writing materials for the participants at the venue
3. Provide a podium for panelists with seating for at least 6
panelists. The podium should allow space for a backdrop banner to be
installed at a central location to be seen behind the podium panelists.
Interested organizations should submit their expressions of interest on or
before 30 December 2018 to the Secretariat , Africa Domain Name system
forum via secretariat at aftld.org
Barrack O. Otieno
PGP ID: 0x2611D86A
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the AfrICANN