[AfrICANN-discuss] AfriDNS - Internet governance at the local level

Michele Neylon - Blacknight michele at blacknight.com
Thu Nov 16 17:58:33 UTC 2017

Alan

Do you mean wholesale price or retail?

And either way it’s not just Africa
The Latin American market is as bad if not worse, with many ccTLDs in the region looking for $50+ per year.

Also, if you look at the African ccTLDs there are still quite a few that don’t offer any level of automation or a proper registrar system so it’s hard to see how they’d scale.

But why do you want them to buy African domains? A domain by itself is of no value. If you are trying to encourage content then it’s a very different conversation

Regards

Michele

--
Mr Michele Neylon