[AfrICANN-discuss] AfriDNS - Internet governance at the local level

Alan Levin alan at futureperfect.co.za
Thu Nov 16 09:51:23 UTC 2017

Hi,

I've been studying African cctld for many years.

The cost of registering an African cctld in Uganda / Nigeria / Ghana /
Botswana / Angola, etc appears to remain totally out of kilter with the
global market rates.  To buy a .ke for a local is around USD6, but for a
foreigner it's >USD17 and they appear to be one of the cheapest.

In South Africa a domain goes for less than USD5, and they are available
globally at the same price. We have over 1.2m registrations...
significantly more than any other African cctld...

How can I encourage our clients to buy African cctlds when there is so much
more to chose from nowadays?

Sincerely

Alan