[AfrICANN-discuss] Four US states demand restraining order to stop the ICANN/IANA transition
Hountomey Jean Robert
jrhountomey at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 02:42:14 UTC 2016
The attorneys general of ARIZONA, TEXAS, OKLAHOMA and NEVADA demand
restraining order with five main claims:
- The contract is US government property and requires explicit
Congressional approval before it can be handed over.
- The transition would violate the First Amendment.
- The NTIA did not follow the correct public comment procedures.
- The NTIA does not have the authority to hand over the contract.
- The transition does not properly protect the .gov and .mil top-level
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the AfrICANN