[AfrICANN-discuss] Youth at AfIGF

Kawsu Sillah kawsu.sillah at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 19:13:26 UTC 2016

Dear Colleagues,

Greetings. Hope you are doing very well.

As you maybe aware, the 5th African Internet Governance Forum
<http://afigf.org/> (AfIGF) is scheduled for 16-18 October, 2016 in Durban,
South Africa.

Considering the importance of youth's involvement and leadership in IGF
spaces, the secretariat of AfIGF has this year specifically allocated two
activities for the youth. One is a parallel workshop dubbed "Youth and
Internet Governance" to be held on October 16, from 2.30 to 4.30pm and the
other one is a plenary session on "Youth Entrepreneurship and Innovation":
Accelerating the Digital Transformation of Africa, to be held on October
18, from 9:00 to 10:15am. This session we are told will be
moderated/chaired by the Under Secretary for Communication at the Ministry
of Communications of Egypt.

Currently, there is a team working with the Secretariat on the programme
for the day.

Against this backdrop, I am reaching out with an invitation to the fellow
youth from various listservs, especially, those that are planning to
participate
at the forum in Durban and also to inquire about you participating in any
of the sessions either as a speaker, moderator or rapporteur.

Please respond asap to confirm your availability and I will share more
details. In your reply, be kind to keep my colleagues on copy.

Look forward to having you in Durban.

Kind regards,

Kawsu.

--Team member Youth @ AfIGF 2016--

--
Best Regards,

[image: --]
Kawsu Sillah
[image: https://]about.me/ksillah
<https://about.me/ksillah?promo=email_sig>
AMBASSADOR <https://ideas.itu.int/page/view/933> ITU Telecom World Young
Innovators Competition.

Mobile : +220 9865300 |  6865300 | 3965300
Skype: profkawsu   |  Facebook: Kawsu.f.Sillah
<https://www.facebook.com/kawsu.f.sillah>
Twitter: @ksillah1  | LinkedIn: KAWSU SILLAH
<https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=103784437&trk=nav_responsive_tab_profile_pic>

*‘Every single person must have access to a computer, must understand it,
must have access to good software and good teachers and to the Internet, so
that every person will have the opportunity to make the most of his or her
own life’ – Bill Clinton, the former US President.*