[AfrICANN-discuss] Africa's participation to ICANN's meetings over time

Matogoro Jabera jaberamatogoro at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 05:21:24 UTC 2016

Dear Pierre,

Data speaks more than words, I can see a gradual increase of African to
ICANN Meetings but still the number is a fraction if compared to our
population. This therefore indicates that whoever has got a chance to
attend these meeting has something to do in his or her areas to gain
multiplicative effects in our community.

As we are looking to have new Office in Nairobi, we should have plan in
place to track this effect. For instance, if we have 946 people attended
ICANN55 then we should expect to gradual increase of people engaged as an
effect of their participation.

I am happy to be part of fellows attended ICANN54, Ireland, Dublin and has
managed to bring more than 100 people as an effect of my participation.

Regards,

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 8:42 PM, Dandjinou Pierre <pdandjinou at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear All/ chers tous
>
> As we are closing the 55th ICANN meeting in Marrakech, it may be
> interesting to share the below data on levels of attendance to ICANN's
> meeting over the last 10 + years:
>
> Nous nous acheminons vers la cloture de la 55e reunion de l'ICANN a
> Marrakech, je voudrais partager les statistiques suivantes avec vous et
> concernant la participation totale aux reunions de l'ICANN depuis plus de
> 10 ans :
>
> Noter la forte participation africaine a ICANN 55; kindly note the high
> participation of Africans to ICANN 55
>

> ICANN37               763      Nairobi

> ICANN41             1341      Singapore
>
> ICANN42             1246      Dakar
>
> ICANN43             1426      San Jose, CR
>
> ICANN44             1821      Prague
>
> ICANN45             1778      Toronto
>
> ICANN46             2502      Beijing
>
> ICANN47             1465      Durban
>
> ICANN48             1967      Buenos Aires
>
> ICANN49             1940      Singapore
>
> ICANN50             3114      London
>
> ICANN51             2282      Los Angeles
>
> ICANN52             1794      Singapore
>
> ICANN53             1736      Buenos Aires
>
> ICANN54             2395      Dublin
>
> ICANN55             2272      Marrakech (946 Africans of which 264 were
> Moroccans)
>
> --
> Pierre Dandjinou
> Cotonou - 229 90 087784 / 66566610
> Dakar 221 77 639 30 41
> www.scg.bj
> skype : sagbo1953

MATOGORO Jabhera
Assistant Lecturer & Coordinator - Microsoft Innovation Center, Tanzania
College of Informatics and Virtual Education
The University of Dodoma (www.udom.ac.tz)