[AfrICANN-discuss] Breaking News: DotConnectAfrica Trust Wins Resounding Victory against ICANN in IRP Accountability

Badru Ntege badru.ntege at nftconsult.com
Mon Jul 13 14:36:38 UTC 2015

On 7/13/15, 4:29 PM, "Mark Elkins" <mje at posix.co.za> wrote:

>The ZACR application has already passed the Geographic panel. The
>requirement here was to have at least 60% acceptance (letters of
>support) from the 54 African countries. As the ZACR passed - they must
>have 60% (more like over 85% I believe). Strangely enough, DCA still
>insists that ZACR has zero letters.... although I believe the opposite
>to be more probable.
>
>There can only be one letter from any one country.
>It is therefore mathematically impossible for DCA to pass.
>
>The DCA can only further delay the process. I believe the inevitable is
>that ZACR will continue with the Delegation. ZACR has already signed the
>contract with ICANN to run AFRICA.

So it¹s just a matter of going through the process unless DCA suggests
that the governments were coerced to give the letters of support.

I think the court victory if that is what it can be called seems to be the
best that can happen for DCA.  The process should continue to its eventual
end which seems to favor ZACR.

#WE NEED our .africa