[AfrICANN-discuss] Breaking News: DotConnectAfrica Trust Wins Resounding Victory against ICANN in IRP Accountability

Nigel Roberts nigel at channelisles.net
Mon Jul 13 11:45:45 UTC 2015

Well, it's not exactly breaking news.

This came out just before the weekend.

It's a fascinating read though.

There's something for everyone it it, not just Sophie Sock-Puppet.

In particular the IRP judges once again show that they will not be told
by ICANN staff what the meaning is of "the Rule of Law".

I foresee it's a little bit of a Pyrrhic victory -- the judgment is
entirely correct.

It's on procedural grounds, but as in all Judicial Review cases, the
decision is referred to the decision maker who may re-make the decision,
curing the procedural defect.

So I'm not sure but that all this does is put a spoke in the wheel and
cause (yet more) delay to Africa getting its domain name.