[AfrICANN-discuss] Zimbabwe Holds its First DNS Workshop, Could this be a Step towards Better DNS Management?

Michele Neylon - Blacknight michele at blacknight.com
Wed Dec 2 12:40:57 UTC 2015

Ok, but why do you need the whois data?

I’d agree that it shouldn’t be via email anyway – that makes zero sense

--
Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Solutions

From: Marketing Consultancy <marketing at isaacmaposa.com<mailto:marketing at isaacmaposa.com>>
Date: Wednesday 2 December 2015 at 12:38 p.m.
To: "africann at afrinic.net<mailto:africann at afrinic.net>" <africann at afrinic.net<mailto:africann at afrinic.net>>
Subject: Re: [AfrICANN-discuss] Zimbabwe Holds its First DNS Workshop, Could this be a Step towards Better DNS Management?

Hi Michele,

Thanks for the positive feedback.

I do agree with you that a public WHOIS has issues due to privacy conflicts. However in the Zimbabwean scenario for one to get the WHOIS details you need to email the Registries requesting the details. In this case anyone can get the WHOIS details. Since anyone can get the WHOIS details it may be much better if we can have a public WHOIS database with the option for protecting the WHOIS details if you do do need them to be public. This option can be much better since you can choose to keep your details private through Privacy Protection.

Now the issue comes when you have to wait a day or two even more to get a response to your WHOIS request. Having it online will ensure getting the WHOIS details instantly making the experience much better.

Best Regards,

Isaac