[AfrICANN-discuss] FW: Your advice needed - Post IG survey strategy & NMI

Dawit Bekele bekele at isoc.org
Wed Apr 8 17:47:16 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Constance asked me to share this with all of you. Any idea is welcome.

Regards,
Dawit

From: Constance Bommelaer <bommelaer at isoc.org<mailto:bommelaer at isoc.org>>
Date: Wednesday, April 8, 2015 at 20:17
To: DL Internet Governance 2015 WG <DLInternetGovernance2015WG at isoc.org<mailto:DLInternetGovernance2015WG at isoc.org>>
Subject: Your advice needed - Post IG survey strategy & NMI

Dear Colleagues,

Kathy has asked for a recommendation for which I would like to seek this group's advice. There are two immediate IG questions for ISOC to address:

  1.  Stakeholders massively participated in the IG survey ISOC conducted in Feb. Based on what our community told us<http://www.internetsociety.org/doc/internet-governance-survey-2015>, how do we fine-tune our IG engagement plan? What's next? What can we announce at the upcoming Community Forum (15 April).

  1.  NMI has issued a call for input on the draft ToR<https://www.netmundial.org/> of it's Coordination Council. Given our Board's statement<http://www.internetsociety.org/news/internet-society-statement-netmundial-initiative> and the IG survey results, how should ISOC position itself w.r. NMI (decline joining the Council, respond to the consultation, or not, etc.)?

ASK:

Draft options of recommendations are listed here<https://isoc.app.box.com/files/0/f/3030374729/1/f_27375433674>, including on what to do about NMI (question n°2). I'd value your thoughts and suggestions, ideally before the week-end.

Many thanks!

Constance