[AfrICANN-discuss] Statment of the joint meeting of African community

Victor Ndonnang ndonnang at nvconsulting.biz
Wed Sep 24 12:18:43 UTC 2014

The ongoing work on "support DNS industry growth in underserved regions" is an outcome /response of the African strategy in this RAA issue.
By reading the comments, you can understand that there are some people who want to keep the DNS market for them and don't want to see ICANN making positive discrimination for the registrars start-up in developing countries. They rather want ICANN to support the reseller chain because it will be good for their business.

May be ICANN doesn't have  budgetary problems...but remember ICANN has seriously increase its expenses since the launch of the NewgTLDs programs (almost double its staff, financially support many IGFs initiatives, increase compensations of its board members and CEO, ...).

So let's ask ICANN to use the money mainly to support their main business or core mission: The DNS industry...And make room for newcomers in the domain name market.
Best regards,

Victor Ndonnang
https://twitter.com/VictorNdonnang
~Sent from my iPhone~