[AfrICANN-discuss] Looking for African ccTLD costs

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Thu Oct 2 10:36:11 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-10-02 at 12:51 +0300, Rebecca Wanjiku wrote:
> Hello good people,
>

> I would like to compile a list of African ccTLDs and their costs.
>

> I recently came across this pricing for .na for Namibia and I was a
> bit shocked by the high costs.
>

> http://www.info.na/domain/indexforeign.php
>

> Please help if you can....

I'd also love a copy of all ccTLD's, who runs them, are they open for
non residents and their price. Perhaps also know if they run EPP.

My goal as a South African Registrar is to one day be able to offer my
clients the ability to register in these other African Domains - apart
from "za"...

For DNSSEC testing purposes - I have been able to obtain Namibian,
Tanzanian, Sudan and Kenyan domains. I also have a (paid for) Nigerian
domain.

ZA - South Africa - what I buy and sell domains for.... (VAT @14% inc)
        epp-buy   I_sell
co.za    39.90 --> 70.00 Rand, fully Open, EPP and Legacy (@R75.00)
web.za   39.90 --> 70.00 Rand, fully Open, EPP only
org.za   39.90 --> 70.00 Rand, ZA non-profit entities only, EPP only
net.za   39.90 --> 70.00 Rand, ZA Network entities only, EPP only

The ZA EPP price will be increasing next year from R35 (+VAT) to R45.00
(+ VAT)... still pretty low. Legacy pricing will also increase.
I resell (@R70.00) to anyone that is eligible.
One Caution, new domains in web.za, org.za and net.za which are three
characters or less are deemed to be Premium names and so cost more for
just the first year. I support the "Premium Name" EPP extension.