[AfrICANN-discuss] AFRINIC-RIPE Atlas Initiative

AFRINIC Communication comm-announce at afrinic.net
Fri Nov 21 13:34:49 UTC 2014

Dear Members/Colleagues,

Following the MoU signed with the RIPE NCC in Abidjan, AFRINIC has
launched an initiative to increase the number of probes and anchors in
the AFRINIC service region. The “AFRINIC/RIPE Atlas Initiative” aims to
support Internet measurements both globally and within our region. We
are therefore relying on our members' support to help us build this network.

We would also like take this opportunity to thank all those members who
are already hosting probes and anchors and are keeping them online.

How to Get Your AFRINIC/RIPE Atlas Probe
For those who would like to support this initiative, AFRINIC and the
RIPE NCC have implemented a new channel of distribution to make it
easier for AFRINIC members to apply and receive their probe. If you
would like to apply to host a probe, all you need to do is register
online and make a request. After evaluation by the AFRINIC/RIPE NCC
Atlas Team, probes will be shipped directly to successful applicants.

Please note that this initiative is exclusively for AFRINIC members.

More Information