[AfrICANN-discuss] ICANN 52 Meeting to Relocate to Singapore | Marrakech, Morocco Meeting to Take Place in Early 2016

Dr Paulos Nyirenda paulos at sdnp.org.mw
Tue Nov 4 15:35:12 UTC 2014

I can confirm that I was one of those who was invited to and attended the the two meetings
that Fadi called on this as mentioned by Aziz Hilali here below to consult on this ICANN52
location issue.

Although I cannot hide my disappointment that the meeting was moved away from
Marrakech and to outside the Africa region I do understand but not fully appreciate the
motivations and these are well explained in the release from ICANN:
https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2014-11-03-en

So, some consultations were indeed done before and after the decision was made and we
need to acknowledge these even though the final decision is disappointing.

These are my personal opinions.

Regards,

Paulos
Dr Paulos B Nyirenda