[AfrICANN-discuss] ICANN 52 Meeting to Relocate to Singapore | Marrakech, Morocco Meeting to Take Place in Early 2016

Dr Eberhard Lisse el at lisse.NA
Tue Nov 4 15:32:22 UTC 2014

They want a successful meeting, but are/were worried that these
hysteric neo-colonialists would have stayed away.  Given the
experiences from the Nairobi meeting, this fear is quite real.

I would have come, but I can not fault ICANN or the Moroccan
government (if they indeed had requested this) to consider this
early.

What would have happened if the virus were to make it up north and
then the meeting would have been cancelled on short notice?

I was hoping they would have selected another African venue,
Johannesburg for example, but realistically Singapore is an ICANN
hub, and they can do this on short notice.  They have done so in the
past.

ICANN seems to be sincere in that they are re-arranging the schedule
so we can visit Marrakesh after all (in 10216).

greetings, el