[AfrICANN-discuss] Fwd: USG/NTIA & IANA function's Contract

Ymshana2003 ymshana2003 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 09:11:22 SAST 2014

Well....is this part of celebrating 25 Years since the 'www' went public?

Would it be a good gesture...?

Kind regards

Sent from samsung mobile. On O2.

Badru Ntege <badru.ntege at nftconsult.com> wrote:

Indeed very exciting and fundamental developments happening and Seun your comments are well put.  Every now and then an opportunity to reshape our futures happens and this is just that.  The internet remains the universal transformative tool that will affect every person in the future  and as Charles Kettering once said "we should all be concerned about the future because we will have to spend the rest of our lives there".

The entire community but especially the youth has an opportunity to contribute their brushstrokes to the future shape and governance.

Look forward to participating in thoughtfull dialogue over the next few months.

Badru Ntege
Sent from my Mobile

On 16 Mar 2014, at 21:57, "Seun Ojedeji" <seun.ojedeji at gmail.com> wrote:

On Sun, Mar 16, 2014 at 6:25 PM, Adiel Akplogan <adiel at afrinic.net> wrote:

> Now the responsibility lies on us from the African community to promptly engage in the process that has just been launched so to make sure that the accountability framework to be defined as a replacement of USG/NTIA role related to the IANA function takes our views and expectations into consideration.

++1 I encourage use all to participate, most especially a call to youth as this is the opportunity to be part of a global process from *start* that will determine the future of Internet (as it relates to names and numbers).

This is what we younger generation will get to operate with, so we should get involved! At the same time, our older generation should contribute their experience not just for themselves but for sake of entire Africa Internet community

Thanks for the share Adiel

Cheers!

> Thanks.
>
> - a.