[AfrICANN-discuss] IETF89 starts tomorrow March 2nd in London with ICANN as a host: Some interesting reading and remote participation.

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 22:20:56 SAST 2014

On Sun, Mar 2, 2014 at 8:16 PM, SM <sm at resistor.net> wrote:

> Hi Seun,
>
> At 07:43 02-03-2014, Seun Ojedeji wrote:
>
>> As you may notice that i wrote to yourself and Dr Lisse ;)
>>

> Sorry, I should have not have written it like that.
>

>  Okay apologies for using that word as i am sure it may have been
>> mis-interpreted perhaps using the phrase "chartered by ISOC" is better :)
>>

> No. :-)
>
> It is a separate organization.

Yeah its an org but supported and funded by ISOC unless i have missed
something in RFC 2031 and the statement written by Vint on ISOC site [1] .
In addition i see ADs as the key pillars of the IETF and they are members
of the IESG. However the IAB and IESG are chartered by ISOC, isn't it
logical that ISOC then has very strong relationship/role in the IETF at
present. :-)

Cheers!
1.
http://www.internetsociety.org/internet/what-internet/history-internet/ietf-and-internet-society