[AfrICANN-discuss] "Vint Cerf on ICANN and NTIA"

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 01:27:33 SAST 2014

sent from Google nexus 4
kindly excuse brevity and typos.
On 25 Jul 2014 22:30, "Dr Yassin Mshana" <ymshana2003 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just to add a little...I think that we need to have 'ICANN School' or
College in that matter to educate people in Internet Governance. Any takers?

Not sure ICANN would be appropriate takers for this. I think the IGF might,
speaking of the subject matter; there are ongoing efforts[1] to establish a
proper school of internet governance for Africa. A pilot was done Pre-ICANN
ZA. The Africa Union (nepad) also currently has an open call for online
internet governance training which could be of help/interest to folks who
wants to learn.

> There is enough misinformation in the air right now....that is why I
would like to suggest so since the Internet nerds a specific and special
approach to its global existence and reach at the moment.....I would not be
comfortable with some suggestions since  'Trust and Truth' are a very hard
Currency to trade on ..

I think there are quite a lot of avenues where one could ask and get fact
based information. For instance in relation to the NTIA overweight role,
AfriNIC did setup a space to learn and discuss about the different
component involved in the process. I encourage us all to join the
discussion and let's provide our contribution.

PS: Am sure urls would have been helpful however, I am lazy to navigate
through this tiny screen. Sure you will get the respective url by googling
;)

Cheers!
1. Most of the initiative is championed by civil society organisation in
the region.

http://www.circleid.com/posts/simple_overview_of_icann_and_the_iana_transition_by_vint_cerf_animated/