[AfrICANN-discuss] Fadi Chehadé: If We Fragment The Internet, 'It Will Not Be The Internet As We Know It'

Victor Ndonnang ndonnang at nvconsulting.biz
Fri Jan 31 00:53:17 SAST 2014

No one wants a fragmented Internet
Interesting interview of the ICANN CEO
about the importance of keeping the Internet One and Open.

"If we cannot find a way to govern the Internet in an equal footing, in an
open transparent way this year, we might descend into a fragmented version
of the Internet," Chehadé said. "The moment we fragment the Internet it is
possible there will be tariffs between borders, there will be rules... it
will not be the internet as we know it."

More on:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/24/fadi-chehade-davos_n_4635949.html?u
tm_hp_ref=fb
<http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/24/fadi-chehade-davos_n_4635949.html?
utm_hp_ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false#sb=4156157,b=facebook>
&src=sp&comm_ref=false#sb=4156157,b=facebook

Victor Ndonnang.