Re: __[AfrICANN-discuss]_Fadi_Che hadé:_If_We_Fra=?utf-8?Q?=5Fgment=5FThe=5FIntern_et, _=5F=5F'It=5FWill=5FNot=5FBe=5FThe=5FInterne_=5F?==?utf-8?Q?t=5FAs=5FWe=5FKnow=5F It'=5F?=

Dr Yassin Mshana ymshana2003 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 14:38:25 SAST 2014

Kivuva......Agreed with you :-)
Yassin

On 19 February 2014 12:02, Kivuva <Kivuva at transworldafrica.com> wrote:

> What Merkel is talking about is very similar to Rousseff's a year ago.
>
> It has been debated before that balkanising the internet is no remedy to
> security problems and spying.
>
> Regards
>
> ______________________
> Mwendwa Kivuva, Nairobi, Kenya.
> twitter.com/lordmwesh
> google ID | Skype ID: lordmwesh
>

> On 18 February 2014 13:03, gandji francine <gandjif at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> +1
>>
>> Francine GANDJI
>>

>>   On Tuesday, February 18, 2014 9:25 PM, bouba <djamaab at yahoo.fr> wrote:
>>   Interesting;
>>
>> We africans it is better for us to stop bickering ourselves; lets
>> consider this possibility and above all prepare ourselves firmly on any
>> event/future of Internet in order to exist and influence the debate instead
>> of being followers.
>>
>> ----
>> Djamaa BOUBA
>>

>>   Le Mardi 18 février 2014 20h35, Pierre Lotis NANKEP <lnankep at yahoo.fr>
>> a écrit :
>>  Let us discuss again the fragmentation of the Internet. Do not be afraid to
>> face the reality of the future ...
>>
>> Where are our Internet Activists, and Fellowshippers?
>> What are your opinions on the current and upcoming developments?
>>
>> Happy reading :
>>
>>    1. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26210053
>>    2.
>>    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/02/17/angela_merkel_eu_internet_nsa_us/
>>    3.
>>    http://www.france24.com/fr/20140217-angela-merkel-nsa-internet-europeen-espionnage-protection-donnees-personnelles-espionnage/
>>
>> Whether you want it or not, future generations will not know the Internet
>> as it exists today. Anyway, enjoy the anarchic freedom that gives us the
>> Internet today before things normalize.
>>
>> --
>> Pierre Lotis NANKEP
>>

>>   Le Jeudi 6 février 2014 6h04, Mukom Akong T. <mukom.tamon at gmail.com> a
>> écrit :
>>

>> On 5 February 2014 16:28, Ben Akoh <me at benakoh.com> wrote:
>>
>> What is this deep seated desire to close dialogues? Where does it come
>> from? It defies the very nature of Africans - our cultural fundamentals to
>> dialogue until a resolution is reached, until out hearts' content. It
>> violates the freedom of speech that we all subscribe to. Totally against
>> our being. A dialogue, any dialogue should continue until we are satisfied.
>> There are no gate keepers in traditional African dialogue settings. If you
>> wish not to participate, just play the lurker. That is some form of
>> expression too.
>>

>> +1 Ben. Defending an open Internet by not tolerating discussion about an
>> open Internet. What an incredible demonstration on openness!!

*Independent Consultant*
c/o DFID-South Africa, 255 Hill Street, Arcadia, Pretoria 0002, Republic of
South Africa
Skype: yassinmshana1, Mobile:+2773 079 6267 , Fax: +27 (012) 421 7500
*Do You really NEED TO PRINT THIS?*
 * "The illiterates of the 21st century are not those who cannot read or*
* write** but those who cannot learn, relearn and unlearn" Alvin Toffler*