[AfrICANN-discuss] The Independent Objector weighs in on .africa

Dandjinou Pierre pdandjinou at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 17:04:28 SAST 2013

The just concluded Addis meeting is part of ICANN's  MIGworks (Multi
Stakeholder Internet Governance)  initiative . It was a kind of launching
pad for the Africa strategy.

As such, the Addis workshop and meeting were about multi stakeholderism,
and  the Dns industry and market in Africa. It did not discuss any specific
gTLD applications that are subject to evaluation according to a defined
process and procedure.

The report on Addis will be posted on the Africanncommunity website as soon
as possible.

Regards
Pierre

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 1:54 PM, McTim <dogwallah at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Dr. Yassin Mshana,
>
> On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 8:05 AM, Y Mshana2003 <ymshana2003 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > BTW
> > What happened at the Addis meeting?
> > Can we have a critical analysis which, I believe strategic issues such as
> > this would have been discussed on face-to-face basis ..?
>
> I think this came out AFTER the Addis mtg.
>
> In addition, they are 2 very separate and distinct processes.
>
> The IO is NOT part of ICANN proper.
>
> That office is completely independent.  Neither the CEO nor the Board
> can give him instructions.
>

> > 'Objections' is not a small matter to be overshadowed by other issues. I
> > hope to read about this in Proceedings of the Addis - Africa Strategy
> > Meeting ...from the Secretariat.
>

> again, completely independent bodies.
>
> --
> Cheers,