[AfrICANN-discuss] The Independent Objector weighs in on .africa

Dr Yassin Mshana ymshana2003 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 15:05:29 SAST 2013

Hi McTim,

Many thanks for your response from your side of activities - I am aware of
the independence. Perfect!

I was using this line to pose my question to others who might have
something else to say....

Cheers

Yassin

On 14 March 2013 12:54, McTim <dogwallah at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Dr. Yassin Mshana,
>
> On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 8:05 AM, Y Mshana2003 <ymshana2003 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > BTW
> > What happened at the Addis meeting?
> > Can we have a critical analysis which, I believe strategic issues such as
> > this would have been discussed on face-to-face basis ..?
>
> I think this came out AFTER the Addis mtg.
>
> In addition, they are 2 very separate and distinct processes.
>
> The IO is NOT part of ICANN proper.
>
> That office is completely independent.  Neither the CEO nor the Board
> can give him instructions.
>

> > 'Objections' is not a small matter to be overshadowed by other issues. I
> > hope to read about this in Proceedings of the Addis - Africa Strategy
> > Meeting ...from the Secretariat.
>

> again, completely independent bodies.
>
> --
> Cheers,
>
> McTim

*Independent Consultant*
c/o DFID-Sierra Leone
5 Off Spur Road, Wilberforce
Freetown,SIERRA LEONE
Skype: yassinmshana1, Mobile:+23276926697, Fax: (+232) 22235769
*Do You really NEED TO PRINT THIS?*
 * "The illiterates of the 21st century are not those who cannot read or*
* write** but those who cannot learn, relearn and unlearn" Alvin Toffler*