[AfrICANN-discuss] ICANN Africa Event in Addis 5-8 March 2013

Dr Yassin Mshana ymshana2003 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 12:48:36 SAST 2013

Good memory Dr Nii that was not too long ago to forget..

I thought you would have left the DCA affairs when we look at the Strategy
since that is not part of this - please refrain from mixing up issues
(wisely...?)

Can we have the Strategy back on the website please so that we share it
with target groups we come across

This is a different game now - I do not raise objection just for no
reason....... That is not the way things go by me - I raise alarm whenever
I see something coming in a different form eg the non consultation in the
formation of the African Strategy Group - which was done at a super-speed
bearing in mind that a Continetal activity should done in consultation with
stakeholders - that went as it was 'wisely ignored' -- not too bad ....

 I have noticed that the Target Group ie businesses need to be involved in
the Agenda - I think Dr Lisse's intervention is an indicator of this need

What is making things happen without wide consultations? That means there
in no equity in African development issues?  Please apply the 'wisdom' and
wisely ignore this one as well - if the Addis meeting is for shaking hands
and feel good - without Business Community participation:

BTW, How many businesses will be there? Is the BML (Africa) sending
participants from various countries they operate? Just in case they are
forgotten..

That is all on this for now

Kind regards

Yassin

On 3 February 2013 08:54, Nii Narku Quaynor <quaynor at ghana.com> wrote:

> On Feb 2, 2013, at 21:33, Dr Yassin Mshana <ymshana2003 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I got a feeling that the Addis meeting should be postponed to provide
> time for consultations and preparations in order for it to be effective.
> >

> One recalls an earlier call from Dr Yassin for the aswg to stop developing
> the Africa strategy. Dr sent a letter to ICANN asking for that. This was
> wisely over ruled
>
> This new call to postpone the event is merely another disruption or
> perhaps even sabotage
>
> Does Africa want to develop?
>
> Btw: when did you know that director of the company you advise, DCA, was
> using a false identity Lerato Ma to advance DCA's gTLD application? Be
> sincere to Africa's DNS business by condemning Sockpuppetry

*Independent Consultant*
c/o DFID-Sierra Leone
5 Off Spur Road, Wilberforce
Freetown,SIERRA LEONE
Skype: yassinmshana1, Mobile:+23276926697, Fax: (+232) 22235769
*Do You really NEED TO PRINT THIS?*
 * "The illiterates of the 21st century are not those who cannot read or*
* write** but those who cannot learn, relearn and unlearn" Alvin Toffler*