[AfrICANN-discuss] Management of African ccTLDs: Panne du .td?

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Tue Sep 18 17:57:13 SAST 2012

I thought that official technical contacts could more or less update the
IANA database in real-time (which is the impression I got from a Kim
Davies presentation a few years ago). If AfriNIC was running a secondary
on their AnyCast system - this should have stopped the zone disappearing
- but I see even now just the two nameservers (bow.rain.fr. and
bow.intnet.td.)

Is any other African country in a similarly precarious state? Are you
aware that AfriNIC can host a Secondary Anycast nameserver instance for
you?