[AfrICANN-discuss] Fwd: A brief update on the ASWG

Dandjinou Pierre pdandjinou at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 21:43:45 SAST 2012

Katim,

Your posting regarding composition of the ASWG shows at least one thing :
we should all communicate better and also strive to stick to facts! For if
we were all at the same Level of information, if we revisited the way the
Core group was formed in Prague no one Will dare say it was a self elected
Group!! And there was one out of the 2 African Reps currently on the Board
at that same meeting which appointed the Initial Group of 4!

It is therefore frustrating to hear that the sélection of membres of the
ASWG has Become a vexing issue! But as you rightly pût it, the work has
started and we should all feel concerned by the result!!

In fact, the current constitution of the Group responds to all your
criterias ! Here it goes:
CORE
Maimouna Diop Diagne - mayediop at gmail.com - West/GAC
Palesa Legoze -  palesa at doc.gov.za - South/GAC
Pierre Dandjinou - pdandjinou at gmail.com - West, , At large,  RIR, former
membre of ICANN président's  strategy committe (PSC)
Nii Quaynor - nquaynor at gmail.com - Board Alumni, atlarge, ccTLD, RIR, West

Regional/Constituency
Alice Munyua - alice at apc.org - East/GAC
Barrack  Ong'ondo Otieno  - barrack at aftld.org - East/AfTLD