[AfrICANN-discuss] Internet regulation at national level?

SM sm at resistor.net
Wed Oct 31 12:21:41 SAST 2012

Hi Adamou,
At 01:11 31-10-2012, Adamou Nacer wrote:
>We can also learn from other domains. For example, it is established
>that software developped from open contributions and well organized
>open communities (bottom-up approach) are of better quality. As
>software are considered a "common" (like Internet

The quality depends on code review.  I don't think that it is related
to "bottom-up approach".  Some people send patches because it is in
their interest to do so.  A lot of people use open source software
because it is free [1].

Regards,
-sm

1. http://www.jonobacon.org/2012/09/23/on-the-recent-dash-improvements/