[AfrICANN-discuss] Internet regulation at national level?

Adamou Nacer adamou.nacer at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 10:11:13 SAST 2012

Le 31/10/2012 05:16, Dr Eberhard W Lisse a écrit :
>> [...]
>> >Also best practices suggest ccTLDs are better managed in a multi-stakeholder model giving participation to registrants, ISPs, operators, civil society, technical community, government and others.
> This is not true, there are no best prcatices  this regard, and whether multi stakeholder models work (better) has not been established. The ones that are "Organized" to allegedly do, all fail, for different reasons.

I don't agree with you El. A simple google search on the topic "cctld
best practices" will provide you with many interesting links for
presentations and documents from different organizations in the Internet
ecosystems (wwtld, aftld, itu, iana, etc).
We can also learn from other domains. For example, it is established
that software developped from open contributions and well organized open
communities (bottom-up approach) are of better quality. As software are
considered a "common" (like Internet resources), we can transpose the
same conclusion to Internet resources management and especially ccTLD.
You can read [1, 2] on this.

[1] http://www.catb.org/~esr/writings/cathedral-bazaar/cathedral-bazaar/
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cathedral_and_the_Bazaar