[AfrICANN-discuss] Let's be proactive

Calvin Browne calvin at orange-tree.alt.za
Wed Oct 31 09:29:04 SAST 2012

On 30/10/2012 23:01, Y Mshana2003 wrote:
> Hi Ben et al
> Its time to look at things in a different way. How can things go on
> without some Regulations? How will the vulnerable be promotes and
> protected? No room for Law of the jungle I m afraid. Unless one does
> not care since one feels hypothetically OK.
> With all due respect. Yassin

With the greatest of respect Dr Mshana,

Society has managed to develop common law, but lets leave that aside for
now.

But I'm still curious - what regulation helped the Internet develop?
What vulnerables need to be protected that are not protected by existing
laws?

What issues does the Internet raise that existing laws, treaties and
procedures do not cover?

regards

--Calvin