[AfrICANN-discuss] Let's be proactive

Nii Narku Quaynor quaynor at ghana.com
Tue Oct 30 10:46:06 SAST 2012

On Oct 30, 2012, at 7:37, Pierre Lotis NANKEP <lnankep at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> From : Nii Narku Quaynor <quaynor at ghana.com>
>

> On Oct 30, 2012, at 5:30, Pierre Lotis NANKEP <lnankep at yahoo.fr> wrote:
>
>> Nii : "So, exactly what is to be regulated about Internet in a country ?"
>>
>> Quick answer :
>> - Domain Names;
>> - IP Addresses;
>> - Contents (very complex).
>>
> What do you want to regulate about domain names and IP addresses? You have to get specific.
>
> The answer is trivial! Not?

May be trivial to you but not to me so why not just inform us

> A good first step is noticing regulating contents (very complex) so probably a *bad* idea
>
> It's your opinion!

Agree its my opinion and your opinion is to regulate content which you realize is complex;-)

>> Other extension, depending on the country context :
>> - Frequencies or electromagnetic waves ;
>> - Telephone Numbers.
>>
> Not Internet And not under discussion
>
> Not sure. As the boundary between telecommunications and the Internet is almost invisible.

Are you sure? The Internet is two layers above telecommunications. Besides there is a place to discuss telecommunications(frequencies,telephone numbers) and it's not this list