Re: [AfrICANN-discuss] It’s like that in life, there are always bad players and bad losers!

Lerato lerato.ma at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 12 21:01:58 SAST 2012

McTim
Here is the correspondence site of DCA with ICANN along various other letters.

http://www.dotconnectafrica.org/icann-related-2/icann-outreach-and-participation/letters-to-icann/

As far as Mr. Karim, and your reactions to the two links you posted below, I  believe Thomas has already responded to you quite well, on the same post you did on The Domain site.  I have re-posted his reply to you below.

Dear Karim Attoumani Mohamed,

>Your comments are quite irrelevant to the issue even as you have also displayed unwarranted pettiness in your attitude.
>

>First, DCA's letter to ICANN is about Conflict of Interest. If according to your comments,  you already "agree that we must avoid conflicts of interest", then what is your problem with DCA's letter to ICANN?
>

>Your attempt to conflate the issue and relate it to the applied-for string name is quite diversionary and aimed entirely at mischief-making in the pursuit of an unknown agenda. Your thinking that the 'dotAfrica' string and '.Africa' string are different gTLD names is borne out of wholesale ignorance.
>

>Moreover, you seem to be calling the results of the application for the gTLD strings even though you are not an expert on string similarity. Are you a member of the ICANN Evaluation Panel or do you have friends in the panel that have indicated to you secretly that they would favour your preferred applicant?
>

>If according to you "there are many cases that can be used to illustrate the conflict of interest within ICANN", then please feel free to cite such cases and bring them to the attention of ICANN and the global public.
>

>Until you do so, you lack the moral standing to comment on DCA's letter to ICANN regarding matters of conflict of interest.

--Lerato Ma