[AfrICANN-discuss] A technical issue with the AfriNIC survey?

Dr Eberhard Lisse el at lisse.NA
Thu Oct 11 15:31:50 SAST 2012

The level of expertise here is staggering.

el

on 2012-10-11 15:11 Adamou Nacer said the following:
> Hi SM,
> will this be different with many IPv4 addresses? I don't really
> understand the link between the two. This issue is about the port
> number,  not the IP address I think.
> @+
>
> Le 11/10/2012 13:31, SM a écrit :
>> Hi Adamou,
>> At 05:03 11-10-2012, Adamou Nacer wrote:
>>> picture). In my humble point of view, this choice could make some
>>> people being unable to contribute because they are using a network
>>> with strict rules that doesn't allow outgoing traffic on port 8080.
>>
>> Yes.
>>
>> Maybe the company only has one IPv4 address.
>>
>> Regards,
>> -sm

el at lisse.NA el108-ARIN / *     |   Telephone: +264 81 124 6733 (cell)
PO Box 8421             \     /   Please do NOT email to this address
Bachbrecht, Namibia     ;____/        if it is DNS related in ANY way