[AfrICANN-discuss] The Hindu : Opinion / Lead : Hyping one threat to hide another

Y Mshana2003 ymshana2003 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 09:04:02 SAST 2012

How and why did that happen?  For security or control of what?
Is there neutrality in running the Internet in the country?

Many questions to learn from this but.....we can not reach those inside Syrian. Gosh!

From Yassin . Sent from samsung mobile. On O2.

McTim <dogwallah at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi alexander,

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 1:29 PM, Ntoko, Alexander
<alexander.ntoko at itu.int> wrote:
> http://www.thehindu.com/opinion/lead/hyping-one-threat-to-hide-another/article4140922.ece?homepage=true#.ULeox21T4aE.mailto

I can prove this is baseless propaganda by asking one simple question:

Who shut down the Internet in Syria today?  Was it Google?  No, it was
a government!

The author ( I have known him for over 7 years on another list) has an
anti-corporate bias (he has said in the past that a global body (yet
to exist) should have veto power over Facebook and Google policies.

Regards,

McTim

--
Cheers,