[AfrICANN-discuss] The always entertaining Ms Bekelelelelelele

Nigel Roberts nigel at channelisles.net
Fri Nov 16 12:17:38 SAST 2012

Dear Lerato Ma

I am very disappointed in the content of your email. Our interest in the
African name space is entirely legitimate. My company provides registry
backend services and consultancy to a number of ccTLDs and we associate
with several African companies.

Be that as it may, to say -- as it appears to me that you do -- that my
very occasional contributions on the list are unwelcome because I am not
African, is verging very closely on the unacceptable, if not over the
line. In fact, I would suggest it contravenes the Expected Standards of
Behavio(u)r. See http://gg.gg/xsd

All my life I have believed that any argument is to be judged
objectively, with relation to the content and entirely on the merits. It
seems to me, as Hari Seldon would have said: Ad hominem is the last
refuge of the incompetent (or at least those objectively having no valid
point left).

As far as David Letterman is concerned, I would imagine a
microscopically small number of my countrymen have any idea who he is.

The only reason /I/ know who you are referring to is that I visit the
USA regularly, and I've seen him broadcasting from the CBS studio.

Is he your mystery backer?