[AfrICANN-discuss] Good Bye .DOTAFRICA: A Significant Landmark Victory in the Battle for .Africa gTLD

Nigel Roberts nigel at channelisles.net
Fri Nov 2 21:16:17 SAST 2012

This is a strange logic.

If DCA had indeed applied for AFRICA then a Change Request would have
been otiose.

So by approval of a Change Request appears to me therefore that it is
official confirmation that the DCA Trust had applied initially for the
DOTAFRICA string and after representations, ICANN has allowed it to be
changed to the AFRICA string.