[AfrICANN-discuss] Internet regulation at national level?

Adiel Akplogan adiel at afrinic.net
Fri Nov 2 14:15:13 SAST 2012

On 2012-11-02, at 12:22 PM, Dr Eberhard W Lisse <el at lisse.na> wrote:
> RIR data privacy is also an enourmously interesting issue,

there is a related proposal AFPUB-2012-GEN-002-DRAFT-01 still under discussion
http://afrinic.net/en/community/policy-development/policy-proposals/702-regionalninternetnregistrynprivacy

> but I was more focused on the "ownership" aspect of the data base.
>
> I am not sure whether Adiel's summary statement of it being in the public domain, will stand up to challenge, because a non-profit might not be allowed to give (such) an asset away unless to other non profits.

Be reinsured El, AFRINIC is not going to **alienate** its Database unless
for activities inline with its mission or for research purposes. From where
the discussion comes from (the WHOIS cleanup policy) my previous comments
were more into the ability for members/community to freely and openly change
the content of the WHOIS.

See http://afrinic.net/en/library/membership-documents/207-bulk-whois-access-form-
for more information about Bulk WHOIS request.

Thanks.

- a.