[AfrICANN-discuss] call to African Not-for-Profit and Non-Governmental Organizations to join NPOC

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 11:07:18 SAST 2012

I think this part is most important to me

Civil Society needs to become as deeply involved in ICANN and internet
> governance as governments and the private sector.

In other to improve the involvement perhaps it will be good to combine the
efforts. If there is already existing platform for the Civil society as
Rafik noted, it may be good to put all energy to that OR find a perfect way
of synchronizing the contributions from NPOC and NCUC

Civil Society in my opinion is one of the largest interest group but
unfortunately not the loudest perhaps this can be attributed to the diverse
and not fully converged communication medium that it has.

Cheers!
On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 8:17 AM, Rafik Dammak <rafik.dammak at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Edurado,
>
> The Not-for-profit Operational Concerns Constituency (NPOC) is a brand new
>> home for NGOs wishing to engage in internet governance issues of policy and
>> operations. Civil Society needs to become as deeply involved in ICANN and
>> internet governance as governments and the private sector. ****
>>
>> **
>>

> while I understand NPOC desires , I found this  description misleading
> somehow as  civil society  is involved in icann since the beginning with
> NCUC (ncuc.org) in GNSO (and even when it was DNSO) and in the ALAC and
> many people advocated and represented civil society for long time.
>
> Best,
>
> Rafik

*Seun Ojedeji,
Federal University Oye-Ekiti