[AfrICANN-discuss] call to African Not-for-Profit and Non-Governmental Organizations to join NPOC

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 09:17:17 SAST 2012

Hi Edurado,

The Not-for-profit Operational Concerns Constituency (NPOC) is a brand new
> home for NGOs wishing to engage in internet governance issues of policy and
> operations. Civil Society needs to become as deeply involved in ICANN and
> internet governance as governments and the private sector. ****
>
> **

while I understand NPOC desires , I found this  description misleading
somehow as  civil society  is involved in icann since the beginning with
NCUC (ncuc.org) in GNSO (and even when it was DNSO) and in the ALAC and
many people advocated and represented civil society for long time.

Best,

Rafik