[AfrICANN-discuss] Invitation to Applicants: Internet Society Ambassadors to the Internet Governance Forum (IGF)

Dawit Bekele bekele at isoc.org
Wed Jun 20 21:38:00 SAST 2012

Dear Birhanu and Yassin,

I share your concern since I have passed 40, unfortunately! But let me try to explain the reasons behind the restriction.

The IGF Ambassadorships fall under the Next Generation Leaders (NGL) Programme. NGL caters to young Internet professionals between the ages of 20 - 40.The focus of the programme is building a strong pool of leaders-successors who understand the complexity of the Internet and its multi-disciplinary, multi-stakeholder model of governance. Hence, the objective is not so much about just sending representatives to the IGF, but more so about providing emerging leaders (20-40 years of age) with opportunities to integrate and participate in such forums.

I hope this answers to your questions,

Best regards,

Dawit