Fw: [AfrICANN-discuss] Help with .africa history

Dr Yassin Mshana ymshana2003 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 03:17:32 SAST 2012

Hi
In this world, Diplomacy matters a great deal - may stop wars or start wars
when it fails.

>From what  have reading and based on the trend of events... there is a
belief that the AU was not used/misused properly - why was it important to
run to AU before the African Community which AU represents as an
Organisation?

I wish to absolve AU from this saga since I am convinced to believe that
the Advisory to AU 'is in persons' were or are  involved in the <.africa>
saga.

In addition, it is difficult to rule out  that to 'hold' a
meeting purported to be between AU and ICANN 44 in Prague is  a simple
thing to do without the necessary sanctions -  to dig deeper I for one
would like t ask, "was such type of meetings in the standing schedules of
AU?" this is question which is seeking for enlightenment.

To dig deeper for facts, was the meeting in Prague scheduled as per AU
mandate ?  that is short of asking similar question to what happened during
ICANN-43 Dakar when Hon Ministers were in attendance. The Diplomacy of the
Internet seems to be different whereby a meeting may take place without
observing the protocol of letting all know? OR were the Meetings of
 extraordinary strategic importance that we know about them later?

On 27 July 2012 00:24, McTim <dogwallah at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 11:19 AM, Y Mshana2003 <ymshana2003 at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> My problem is the way the AU was brought in and used in this saga..
>>

> How would you have done it?
>
> The Guidebook didn't specify HOW it would be done, and that is perhaps
> something that we can blame ICANN for (since ICANN is ourselves however, we
> only have ourselves to blame).
>
> --
> Cheers,
>
> McTim
> "A name indicates what we seek. An address indicates where it is. A route
> indicates how we get there."  Jon Postel

*Independent Consultant*
c/o DFID-Sierra Leone
5 Off Spur Road, Wilberforce
Freetown,SIERRA LEONE
Skype: yassinmshana1, Mobile:+23276926697, Fax: (+232) 22235769
*Do You really NEED TO PRINT THIS?*
 * "The illiterates of the 21st century are not those who cannot read or*
* write** but those who cannot learn, relearn and unlearn" Alvin Toffler*