Fw: [AfrICANN-discuss] Help with .africa history

Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Thu Jul 26 15:40:06 SAST 2012

True McTim. It states

"ICANN requires applicants for geo TLDs to provide a documentation of
support or non-objection from relevant government(s) or authority (ies).
The same documentation is required to entities applying for a city name
unless if the name will only be used for a generic term brand. If there is
multiple applications on a particular city name, applicants are required to
resolve the competition among themselves."

Attached the ICANN New gTLD Program Explanatory Memorandum. Proposed
Process for Geographic Name Applications
http://archive.icann.org/en/topics/new-gtlds/geographic-names-22oct08-en.pdf

On 26 July 2012 16:11, McTim <dogwallah at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 4:35 AM, Dr Yassin Mshana <ymshana2003 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Even me I am getting tired of repeating myself - there should be no War
> - it
> > is only a matter of Fair Competition!
> >
> > Bringing in AU in the competition is wrong
>
> It is called for in the Applicant guidebook.  Please read it.
>
> While you might be correct that it is "wrong" for some value of that word,
> it is an ICANN requirement for a geo-TLD that covers a continent wide area.
>

> --
> Cheers,
>
> McTim

Mwendwa Kivuva (lordmwesh)