[AfrICANN-discuss] FW: Internet and E-Commerce Law News (2/27/2012)

Anne-Rachel Inne anne-rachel.inne at icann.org
Tue Feb 28 10:38:30 SAST 2012

Click here for the web version <http://www.ibls.com/newsletter.aspx>

for business and legal professionals <http://www.ibls.com/>

Become a charter partner <https://www.ibls.com/logincharter/agreements/enroll.asp>

RSS <http://www.ibls.com/internet_law_news_rss.aspx>

[http://www.ibls.com/images/ibls_newsletter_header.gif]

[http://www.ibls.com/images/digital-library-newsletter-icon.gif]

Insightful articles on Internet and reference to source material.

Check here... <http://www.ibls.com/database.htm>

[http://www.ibls.com/images/global-legal-network-newsletter-icon.gif]

A unique opportunity for your law firm to promote its expertise to the audience of millions!

Become a partner... <http://www.ibls.com/partners_top.htm>

[http://www.ibls.com/images/ask-the-expert-newsletter-icon.gif]

Legal experts around the globe are online and ready to discuss you topics.

Ask now... <http://www.ibls.com/corporateservices_top.htm>

Mother Tongues of the World to Divide Internet Experience <http://socialnetwork.ibls.com/forums/topic/394>

Mother Tongues of the World to Divide Internet Experience   Within the next five years there could be as many as five billion online users on the Internet.   The world is overf ... <http://socialnetwork.ibls.com/forums/topic/394>

Online Gambling: The Commission to Test National Regulators' <http://socialnetwork.ibls.com/forums/topic/393>

Brussels, 22 February 2012 ONLINE GAMBLING: THE COMMISSION TO TEST NATIONAL REGULATORS’ APPETITE TO COOPERATE AND DEVELOP COMMON EU RULES The European Gaming and Betting Association (EGBA) today welcomed the European Commissi ... <http://socialnetwork.ibls.com/forums/topic/393>

Gambling: European Court Question Italian Compliance <http://socialnetwork.ibls.com/forums/topic/392>

Brussels, 16 February 2012     Gambling: European Court calls into question the compliance of the new Italian regulation. EU law precludes national legislation de ... <http://socialnetwork.ibls.com/forums/topic/392>

Global Cyber Name Identities Enter New Age <http://socialnetwork.ibls.com/forums/topic/391>

Global Cyber Name Identities Enter New Age Suddenly, perfect storms are developing on the global branding fronts; the top of the agenda is now ‘naming’ of the brands itself and how will the names survive the rapid ... <http://socialnetwork.ibls.com/forums/topic/391>

Senate Committee Ruling on Internet Gambling <http://socialnetwork.ibls.com/forums/topic/390>

Senate Committee Hearing Focuses on Justice Department Internet Gambling Ruling Safe and Secure Internet Gambl ... <http://socialnetwork.ibls.com/forums/topic/390>

MARKET DOMINATION via NAME IDENTITY <http://socialnetwork.ibls.com/forums/topic/389>

MARKET D ... <http://socialnetwork.ibls.com/forums/topic/389>

MasterCard Encourages Dialogue to Ensure Innovation <http://socialnetwork.ibls.com/forums/topic/388>

MasterCard Encourages Dialogue to Ensure Innovation Continues to Drive Commerce in Europe              &nbs ... <http://socialnetwork.ibls.com/forums/topic/388>

Russian/Urkranian Dating Site Scam? <http://socialnetwork.ibls.com/forums/topic/387>

Legal Issue: I recently joined a Russian/Ukrainian dating site. It is very expensive. The site tells me that I can not just give a woman my email or contact info through the site. Apparently I have to earn points to get th ... <http://socialnetwork.ibls.com/forums/topic/387>

Online Bullying!! <http://socialnetwork.ibls.com/forums/topic/386>

Legal Issue: My question is: I have known this girl since the day she came home from the hospital. I have helped her in so many ways and helped her 5 kids too. She has done nothing but bully me on the internet and I just can't take it anymore it ... <http://socialnetwork.ibls.com/forums/topic/386>

The GTLD Opera <http://socialnetwork.ibls.com/forums/topic/385>

THE GTLD OPERA The curtain rises on January 12th 2012 but key players are still singing different tunes. Let's peek into their performance as they start taking center stage. FTC, the Federal Trade Commission, has sent a letter to ICAN ... <http://socialnetwork.ibls.com/forums/topic/385>

Industrial Control Systems Security <http://socialnetwork.ibls.com/forums/topic/384>

Industrial Control Systems Security: Recommendations for Europe & Member States ... <http://socialnetwork.ibls.com/forums/topic/384>

Tax Requirements Online in Australia? <http://socialnetwork.ibls.com/forums/topic/382>

First Name: Jose Last Name: Barreto Phone: Email: josebarretos at yahoo.es Phone: 0402931128 Address: 117 atkinson st unit 3 City: melbourne Country: Australia Legal Issue: ... <http://socialnetwork.ibls.com/forums/topic/382>

Bare Naked Brand Names !! <http://socialnetwork.ibls.com/forums/topic/381>

Bare Naked Brand Names Last century business names were colorfully dressed with uniquely stylized lettering, colorful logos, slogans and contextual support. This century, such 'stylized dependency' has been pushed over the cliff by neo-s ... <http://socialnetwork.ibls.com/forums/topic/381>

Council of Europe Committee Alerts Member States <http://socialnetwork.ibls.com/forums/topic/380>

Strasbourg, 08.12.2011 – The Council of Europe Committee of Ministers today alerted its member states about the risks to the rights to freedom of expression and association tha ... <http://socialnetwork.ibls.com/forums/topic/380>

Fighting Cyber Threats: Plugging the Gaps <http://socialnetwork.ibls.com/forums/topic/379>

Fighting cyber threats; Plugging the gaps. EU Agency launches report on proactive detection of cyber security incidents to make “digital fire-brigades” more effective ... <http://socialnetwork.ibls.com/forums/topic/379>

[http://www.ibls.com/images/featured-articles-newsletter.gif]

Applicability of Implied Covenant of Good Faith and Fair Dealing to Click Fraud <http://www.ibls.com/internet_law_news_portal_view.aspx?s=articles&id=4AD262AD-0296-42FC-B813-82196BB84931>

United States courts have held that click fraud may constitute a violation of the implied contractual covenant of good faith and fair dealing, when ... [More] <http://www.ibls.com/internet_law_news_portal_view.aspx?s=articles&id=4AD262AD-0296-42FC-B813-82196BB84931>

[http://www.ibls.com/Styles/images/break-line.png]

Supreme Court of Illinois Thwarts Attempts of a Data Mining Company to Collect Information about Attorneys <http://www.ibls.com/internet_law_news_portal_view.aspx?s=articles&id=C58083E9-9559-4A72-80FA-BC209CF78C1D>

The Supreme Court of Illinois issued an order on July 15, 2008, denying Avvo Inc., a for-profit organization, which provides a directory of lawyers ... [More] <http://www.ibls.com/internet_law_news_portal_view.aspx?s=articles&id=C58083E9-9559-4A72-80FA-BC209CF78C1D>

[http://www.ibls.com/Styles/images/break-line.png]

Unauthorized Computer Access Law In Japan <http://www.ibls.com/internet_law_news_portal_view.aspx?s=articles&id=7B9D861C-9B60-4284-B394-2D2F99D10CDC>

In Japan, hacking is prohibited and sanctioned under the Unauthorized Computer Access Law n.128 of 1999, which came into effect on February 3, 2000 ... [More] <http://www.ibls.com/internet_law_news_portal_view.aspx?s=articles&id=7B9D861C-9B60-4284-B394-2D2F99D10CDC>

[http://www.ibls.com/Styles/images/break-line.png]
[http://www.ibls.com/images/from-legal-corespondant-newsletter.gif]

by Naseem Javed, Founder of ABC Namebook

Mother Tongues of the World to Divide Internet Experience <http://www.ibls.com/internet_law_news_portal_view.aspx?s=latestnews&id=2496>

Within the next five years there could be as many as five billion online users on the Internet. The world is overflowing with cheap technology and round the clock induction towards online living. [More] <http://www.ibls.com/internet_law_news_portal_view.aspx?s=latestnews&id=2496>

[http://www.ibls.com/Styles/images/break-line.png]

[http://www.ibls.com/ktmlstandard/images/uploads/22171025.jpg?0.30687561138351454]<http://www.ibls.com/internet_law_news_portal_view.aspx?s=latestnews&id=2495>

by Martha L. Arias, Attorney at Law; IBLS Editor

Online Hotel Booking Services: Be Aware of Additional Fees <http://www.ibls.com/internet_law_news_portal_view.aspx?s=latestnews&id=2495>

Booking a hotel online is very easy, but be aware of additional charges that may not appear on the main webpage visited- and will certainly make you feel "uneasy???. A recent decision by a California court held that charges not directly posted in the main payment page may still be valid charges. On February 22, 2012, a California appeals court decided the well-known-case of Frainier v. Priceline.com and affirmed the district court's summary judgment in favor of Priceline.com. [More] <http://www.ibls.com/internet_law_news_portal_view.aspx?s=latestnews&id=2495>

[http://www.ibls.com/Styles/images/break-line.png]

by Naseem Javed, Founder of ABC Namebank

Global Cyber Name Identities Enter New Age <http://www.ibls.com/internet_law_news_portal_view.aspx?s=latestnews&id=2493>

Suddenly, perfect storms are developing on the global branding fronts; the top of the agenda is now 'naming' of the brands itself and how will the names survive the rapid changes of massive digitalization of social media where such name identies reside and skate to catch customers via global cyber branding. [More] <http://www.ibls.com/internet_law_news_portal_view.aspx?s=latestnews&id=2493>

[http://www.ibls.com/images/other-news-newsletter.gif]

by Forbes News

[http://blogs-images.forbes.com/thumbnails/blog_1217/pt_1217_945_o.jpg?t=1330355477]<http://www.forbes.com/sites/quickerbettertech/2012/02/27/why-microsoft-is-wrong-about-google/>

Why Microsoft Is Wrong About Google <http://www.forbes.com/sites/quickerbettertech/2012/02/27/why-microsoft-is-wrong-about-google/>

My son turned sixteen a year ago and so we decided to buy a used Toyota Camry.  We knew it wasn???t just for him.  His younger sister would be driving in another year???s time.  But for a full year my son had a monopoly on that car.  He used it whenever he wanted.  He drove it to school every day and out on the weekends.  He littered the inside with Gatorade bottles and empty McDonald???s boxes.  We let him have his fun, just so long as he paid for the gas and repairs, didn???t get any tickets, and was back at home by the 11PM curfew.   Oh, and that he was at our disposal to run whatever errands we desired. [More] <http://www.forbes.com/sites/quickerbettertech/2012/02/27/why-microsoft-is-wrong-about-google/>

[http://www.ibls.com/Styles/images/break-line.png]

by

INTERNATIONAL: E-Commerce and Tax Law Journal <http://www.ibls.com/internet_law_news_portal_view.aspx?s=sa&id=1841>

IBLS is pleased to announce its newest law publication: E-Commerce and Tax Law Journal. The Law Journal is [More] <http://www.ibls.com/internet_law_news_portal_view.aspx?s=sa&id=1841>

[http://blogs-images.forbes.com/thumbnails/blog_1242/pt_1242_20624_o.jpg?t=1330351122]<http://www.forbes.com/sites/ericsavitz/2012/02/27/nokia-ceo-elop-says-not-in-merger-talks-with-microsoft/>

Nokia CEO Elop Says Not In Merger Talks With Microsoft <http://www.forbes.com/sites/ericsavitz/2012/02/27/nokia-ceo-elop-says-not-in-merger-talks-with-microsoft/>

Nokia CEO Stephen Elop this morning said his company is not talking to Microsoft about a merger or other equity partnership. [More] <http://www.forbes.com/sites/ericsavitz/2012/02/27/nokia-ceo-elop-says-not-in-merger-talks-with-microsoft/>

[http://www.ibls.com/Styles/images/break-line.png]

by

OXFORD/IBLS: Global E-Business Law and Taxation <http://www.ibls.com/internet_law_news_portal_view.aspx?s=sa&id=1709>

IBLS and its global legal network of experts bring you a representative masterpiece of global [More] <http://www.ibls.com/internet_law_news_portal_view.aspx?s=sa&id=1709>

[http://www.ibls.com/Styles/images/break-line.png]

by BBC News

[http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/58744000/jpg/_58744925_58744922.jpg]<http://www.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/int/news/-/news/technology-17178014>

Nokia reveals 41MP cameraphone <http://www.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/int/news/-/news/technology-17178014>

Finnish mobile giant Nokia has launched a cameraphone with a 41-megapixel camera. [More] <http://www.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/int/news/-/news/technology-17178014>

[http://www.ibls.com/Styles/images/break-line.png]

by Forbes News

[http://blogs-images.forbes.com/thumbnails/blog_1401/pt_1401_6901_o.jpg?t=1330335108]<http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexknapp/2012/02/27/the-galaxy-may-be-teeming-with-nomadic-planets/>

The Galaxy May Be Teeming With Nomadic Planets <http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexknapp/2012/02/27/the-galaxy-may-be-teeming-with-nomadic-planets/>

Researchers at the Kavli Institute for Particle Astrophysics and Cosmology (KIPAC) have submitted a study to the Monthly Notes of the Royal Astronomical Society that suggests that our Milky Way Galaxy is full of "nomad planets" - planets that don't actually orbit any star. [More] <http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexknapp/2012/02/27/the-galaxy-may-be-teeming-with-nomadic-planets/>

[http://www.ibls.com/Styles/images/break-line.png]

by BBC News

[http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/58705000/jpg/_58705273_shelflife3.jpg]<http://www.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/int/news/-/news/technology-17152221>

App tales for second-hand goods <http://www.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/int/news/-/news/technology-17152221>

Oxfam is trying out a scheme called Shelflife that lets customers find out the stories behind its second-hand goods. [More] <http://www.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/int/news/-/news/technology-17152221>

[http://www.ibls.com/images/latest-news-newsletter.gif]

by Forbes News

[http://blogs-images.forbes.com/thumbnails/blog_1931/pt_1931_326_o.jpg?t=1330357705]<http://www.forbes.com/sites/joshbarro/2012/02/27/this-is-why-people-hate-jury-duty/>

This is Why People Hate Jury Duty <http://www.forbes.com/sites/joshbarro/2012/02/27/this-is-why-people-hate-jury-duty/>

[http://blogs-images.forbes.com/thumbnails/blog_1931/pt_1931_326_t.jpg?t=1330357705]
A love of jury duty is just one trait that Pauly Shore and Matt Yglesias share. (Image via Wikipedia) Slate's Matt Yglesias has a classic #slatepitch today, arguing that people should learn to love jury duty:
Is everyone else's job really so amazing that they can't bear the thought of
[More] <http://www.forbes.com/sites/joshbarro/2012/02/27/this-is-why-people-hate-jury-duty/>

EUROPEAN UNION: The Digital Road to Growth and Jobs <http://www.ibls.com/internet_law_news_portal_view.aspx?s=sa&id=2099>

Next week''s European High Level Conference in Copenhagen will focus on the Digital Single Market as a driver for [More] <http://www.ibls.com/internet_law_news_portal_view.aspx?s=sa&id=2099>

[http://www.ibls.com/Styles/images/break-line.png]

by Forbes News

[http://blogs-images.forbes.com/thumbnails/blog_1225/pt_1225_9651_o.jpg?t=1330371101]<http://www.forbes.com/sites/billsinger/2012/02/27/fbi-enlists-gordon-gekko-and-mickey-mouse-to-stop-insider-trading-really-ya-gotta-see-this/>

FBI Enlists Gordon Gekko and Mickey Mouse to Stop Insider Trading -- really, ya gotta see this. <http://www.forbes.com/sites/billsinger/2012/02/27/fbi-enlists-gordon-gekko-and-mickey-mouse-to-stop-insider-trading-really-ya-gotta-see-this/>

You know, I'm guessing, really guessing here, that the folks at the Federal Bureau of Investigation were well-intentioned when they decided to put together a public service announcement about insider trading.  Of course, the road to Hell is paved with good intentions. . . and more than a few awkward, painful PSAs. [More] <http://www.forbes.com/sites/billsinger/2012/02/27/fbi-enlists-gordon-gekko-and-mickey-mouse-to-stop-insider-trading-really-ya-gotta-see-this/>

[http://www.ibls.com/Styles/images/break-line.png]

by Forbes News

[http://blogs-images.forbes.com/thumbnails/blog_1225/pt_1225_9640_o.jpg?t=1330358799]<http://www.forbes.com/sites/billsinger/2012/02/27/trading-away-from-his-brokerage-firm-gets-registered-person-fined-and-suspended/>

Trading Away From His Brokerage Firm Gets Registered Person Fined and Suspended <http://www.forbes.com/sites/billsinger/2012/02/27/trading-away-from-his-brokerage-firm-gets-registered-person-fined-and-suspended/>

It ain't cheap to trade stocks at some of the household names of Wall Street.  Compare the costs of round-trip tickets at Merrill Lynch, Morgan Stanley, JP Morgan, Charles Schwab, and E*Trade, and you'll see quite the range of charges.  And it's not a fact lost upon the hundreds of thousands of registered persons who work in the securities industry.  Some of those folks are active traders and a few dollars in additional ticket charges imposed by their employer versus what can be had at some discount firm add up -- in fact, could be the difference between a profit or a loss.  That's one reason why some registered folks want to trade outside or away from their employing firm -- save a few bucks.  Of course, there's another reason that also comes up: Trying to fly under the radar and not letting your employer know that you're trading securities that you're not supposed to. [More] <http://www.forbes.com/sites/billsinger/2012/02/27/trading-away-from-his-brokerage-firm-gets-registered-person-fined-and-suspended/>

[http://www.ibls.com/Styles/images/break-line.png]

by

Hello Friends and Internet Business Law Services Supporters: <http://www.ibls.com/internet_law_news_portal_view.aspx?s=sa&id=2056>

We are having an Executive Briefing on the cutting edge of Global Name Branding and Trademark Issues and we [More] <http://www.ibls.com/internet_law_news_portal_view.aspx?s=sa&id=2056>

by Forbes News

[http://blogs-images.forbes.com/thumbnails/blog_1919/pt_1919_485_o.jpg?t=1330358510]<http://www.forbes.com/sites/mickeymeece/2012/02/27/your-digital-privacy-examined/>

Your Digital Privacy Examined <http://www.forbes.com/sites/mickeymeece/2012/02/27/your-digital-privacy-examined/>

Since the blueprint for a so-called Consumer Privacy Bill of Rights was unveiled Thursday, which included  Do Not Track technology for web browsers, there has been a wide range of reaction, from praise to dire warnings. [More] <http://www.forbes.com/sites/mickeymeece/2012/02/27/your-digital-privacy-examined/>

[http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/58741000/jpg/_58741881_007715488-1.jpg]<http://www.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/int/news/-/news/world-africa-17179544>

Anchor cuts East Africa web cable <http://www.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/int/news/-/news/world-africa-17179544>

East Africa's high-speed internet access is severely disrupted after a ship dropped its anchor onto fibre-optic cables off Kenya's coast. [More] <http://www.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/int/news/-/news/world-africa-17179544>

[http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/58740000/jpg/_58740151_ipadchina3.jpg]<http://www.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/int/news/-/news/technology-17152957>

UK firm's role in iPad name row <http://www.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/int/news/-/news/technology-17152957>

Court papers in a legal dispute over the iPad trademark follow an "extensive investigation", Proview tells the BBC. [More] <http://www.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/int/news/-/news/technology-17152957>

[http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/58204000/jpg/_58204445_013873333-1.jpg]<http://www.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/int/news/-/news/world-us-canada-17176602>

Wikileaks reveals Stratfor emails <http://www.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/int/news/-/news/world-us-canada-17176602>

Whistleblowing website Wikileaks begins publishing the first of millions of confidential emails from US-based security think-tank Stratfor. [More] <http://www.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/int/news/-/news/world-us-canada-17176602>

[http://www.ibls.com/Styles/images/break-line.png]

by Forbes News

[http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/02cU5Jo0Sz3ek/300x201.jpg]<http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexknapp/2012/02/27/the-oscars-scientific-and-technical-awards-deserve-their-own-show/>

The Oscar's Scientific and Technical Awards Deserve Their Own Show <http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexknapp/2012/02/27/the-oscars-scientific-and-technical-awards-deserve-their-own-show/>

In many ways, movies provide a perfect integration of art and science. But the glitz and glamour seems to go to the actors, and the prestige to directors. What about the people who make it all possible? The people who innovate in improvements to cameras, sound effects, makeup, and all of the hundreds of other technical details to go into making movies a truly immersive experience, one that's far different than theater? They get a token attractive actress to host an awards presentation that gets a couple of clips on YouTube and a few screenshots during the actual Academy Awards broadcast. To be sure, a few categories do get presented during the main broadcast - sound effects and mixing, visual effects, etc. But it's usually a cursory look. [More] <http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexknapp/2012/02/27/the-oscars-scientific-and-technical-awards-deserve-their-own-show/>

[http://www.ibls.com/Styles/images/break-line.png]

by Forbes News

[http://blogs-images.forbes.com/thumbnails/blog_1867/pt_1867_298_o.jpg?t=1330364594]<http://www.forbes.com/sites/greggfairbrothers/2012/02/26/who-is-the-entrepreneur-jen-gabler-part-1/>

Who Is the Entrepreneur: Jen Gabler (Part 1) <http://www.forbes.com/sites/greggfairbrothers/2012/02/26/who-is-the-entrepreneur-jen-gabler-part-1/>

Catalina Gorla and I continue our hunt for entrepreneurial people in all kinds of settings. Managing growth differs from conceiving and launching. It involves not only new challenges, but a different experience, and requires a different mindset. Starting a company is obstetrics; growth is pediatrics. [More] <http://www.forbes.com/sites/greggfairbrothers/2012/02/26/who-is-the-entrepreneur-jen-gabler-part-1/>

Internet Law Business Services, Suite 100, 16320 Bake Parkway, Irvine, Ca 92618