[AfrICANN-discuss] Is it relevant to know who is who on the AfrICANN list?

Adiel Akplogan adiel at afrinic.net
Sun Dec 30 22:50:58 SAST 2012

Hello Pierre,

Allow me to make few comments on this poll. What is it purpose?
Who is/is_not entitle to take the poll? How do you control that?
For it to have the weight that you wish, it may has:

1 - not to be anonymous - this list being an open forum of
    discussion created specially with that intend. People
    expressing opinion on how the list must be run should
    be known and be able to transparently display their views.
2 - to be taken only by people who have been on the list and/or
    active on it over the past minimum 2 years. (If I want the
    result of the poll to go into a particular direction what
    prevent me to request all my family, my dogs, my cats,
    neighbours to take the poll and say what I want them to say?.

Trying to meet the above 2 points alone will make you quickly
realise that the poll by itself is inappropriate to answer the
question you are asking …

On a more general note, has it happened to any of you who are
vehemently questioning the expertise of people on the list and
trowing stones all over to ask yourself what is the genesis of
this list? What was it purpose and objective? Who came up with
the idea and to achieve what? I think trying to understand that
a lone would have cut 90% of this never-ending loop of the debate
that is going on for a while now.

Thanks.

- a.